[I strongly encourage you to subscrine to Dr. Berg’s YouTube Channel and be sure to “like” all of the videos that you find beneficial]
“In this video, Dr. Berg talks about SIBO or Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. SIBO is when the microbes are growing in the small intestine and sometimes can go up into the stomach. The stomach should be very acidic to kill off those microbes. The deeper root cause of SIBO is low hydrochloric acid. He also talks about the cause of this low hydrochloric acid.
Symptoms of SIBO:
• Gas – Coming from an excess fermentation which is the microbes eating too much food and fiber
Causes of SIBO:
• Low Hydrochloric Acid
• Frequent Eating – You won’t give your body a chance to rest and clean out the colon in between meals.
Cause of Low Hydrochloric Acid
• Junk Food
• Consuming Too Much Alkaline Water
• Baking Soda
What NOT to do:
1. Add More Fiber – Microbes live in fiber and sugar. Don’t consume as many vegetables, just small amounts.
2. Add Probiotic
What you SHOULD do:
• Intermittent Fasting – It give your body a chance to rest and clean out the residue and food particles between the meals.
• Acidify Stomach – Apple Cider Vinegar and Betaine Hydrochloride (8 or 9 tablets with a meal)
• Low Stress – Stress makes it worse
• Clove, Garlic, Oregano (as tablets) – To help balance out the good and bad bacteria.
Hey guys in this video we are gonna talk about something called SIBO, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth. Now, some of the symptoms are bloating because there is gas involved; methane gas, hydrogen gas, hydrogen sulfide gas coming from an excess fermentation which is the microbes eating too much food and fiber . So you are gonna have this gas that could cause pain. You will have a lot of bloating, constipation sometimes, diarrhea sometimes. Now here’s what causing this problem, normally the stomach is normally very acid between 1 and 3 and there should be no microbes growing there. There might be a couple of microbes but it’s not gonna be that many. Same thing with the small intestine, this is not the place that you are supposed to have a lot of microbial growth growing out right here. Most of the microbial growth should be in the large intestine. So we have the stomach, small intestine which is like 23 feet and then we have the large intestine which is 5 feet. This is all the microbes are right here. SIBO are where the microbes are growing in the small intestine and sometimes even up in the stomach now if the stomach is very very acid that would kill of the microbes. The deeper root cause to this problem most of the time, its the low hydrochloric acid and that can come from antibiotics, anti-acid, junk food, consuming too much alkaline water, baking soda which is alkaline. All these things can neutralize the acid right here. And then what happens, when the normal function of the acid suppose to kill a microbe in a food that you eat, it doesn’t get killed, it passes through here and starts growing out here. A lot of food that you consume like vegetables and even some meat have some microbes in them that are supposed to be killed in this stomach level. If that doesn’t happen, it can actually start growing right here.”