Dr. Berg talks about the carotenoid, the antioxidant (phytonutrient) on steroids. Its a special fat soluble plant based chemical which is anti-cancer, immune supportive, pre-vitamin A, retina and brain supportive and it helps the brain and nervous system too. It’s in the following (best to add fat to the non-fat sources to increase absorption):
- Leafy greens (like spinach)
- Grass fed dairy and butter
- Egg yolk
There are 750 different types of carotenoids and you should consume them on a regular basis. They are:
- Has anti-cancer properties.
- It is a powerful antioxidant.
- Neuro-protective of the brain and entire nervous system
- It’s a pre-Vitamin A’s (good for eyes, immune system, and skin). They are good for the retina and help filter 90% of the harmful blue light hitting our eyes.